Chocolate Chip Blondies
These are probably my second favorite baked good. My first favorite are brownies. Now I know what you’re thinking….”your first recipe isn’t your favorite?”. Yes, but these are really freakin delicious so just go with me. They are gooey, caramel-ish and chewy bars flecked with chocolate. Eat them still warm or warm them up and top em off with some coconut cookie dough ice cream for a real decadent as fuck treat. Bring these to a BBQ to impress your friends and feel like a total bomb ass vegan. Now go make them and remember….be excellent to each other and to yourself. XOXO
- 10 Tbsp vegan margarine ( I use Earth Balance), melted
- 6 Tbsp plain yogurt ( I use So Delicious coconut) add a small amount of water to thin it out, must be slightly runny
- 1 cup organic sucanat
- 2/3 c organic evaporated cane juice (sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 flax eggs (2 tsp seeds ground with 6 Tbsp water)
- 4 Tbsp extra water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 pinches sea salt (about 1/4-1/2 tsp)
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- ***for GLUTEN FREE blondies use 1 3/4c white rice flour, 1/4c tapioca starch, 1/2tsp xanthan gum for the dry mix and add 3-4 more Tbsp water to the wet. You want the batter to be a little runnier than the wheaty version.
- Cream the wet ingredients( sugars, melted margarine, yogurt, vanilla and flax eggs) in a standing mixer, or use a hand mixer and large mixing bowl, until it just barely looks dark like caramel.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flours, chocolate chips, salt) in a large mixing bowl. (GF dry mix would be rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, salt, and chocolate chips)
- Add the dry mixture to the wet one and mix until well combined.
- Oil a 9X13 inch baking pan with baking spray or coconut oil (whatever oil you desire) and pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 26-30 minutes. Test with a fork or knife, if caramel batter comes out and it still seems goopy, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes before cutting.